High in protein, fibre and pre- and probiotics for good gut health, these Kid Friendly Blueberry Muffins are the perfect addition to your kid’s lunchbox or your own weekly snacks.
RECIPE: Kid Friendly Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup plain rolled oats, blitzed in a blender to make oat flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (or coconut yoghurt)
- 1/4 cup plant milk of choice
- 2 eggs (or 2 chia eggs)
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup honey or sweetener (depending how sweet you like your muffins)
- 1.5 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flours, baking powder and bicarb. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine lightly beat eggs and then add olive oil, yogurt and milk and mix to combine. Add into the flour mix and stir until just combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins/cases.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, cool and enjoy.