Recipe: Sweet Potato, Coconut & Peanut Butter Ice-cream
- 500g Sweet Potato
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1⁄3 cup (80ml) maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- Waffle cones and granulated peanuts, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan forced. Prick sweet potato all over with a small sharp knife. Spray with oil and bake for about 1 hour or until tender. Cool slightly before removing skin. Chill until cold.
- Process sweet potato, coconut milk, syrup, peanut butter and paste until smooth. Chill mixture for 30 minutes until cold
- Churn ice cream until desired consistency before pouring into a 1-litre capacity dish. Freeze until firm. Stand at room temperature until softened before serving in waffle cones. Sprinkle with nuts & enjoy!
*Made in collaboration with Australian Sweet Potatoes.