- 1 tin (400g) black beans – drained and rinsed thoroughly
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips + extra for decoration
- 1/3 cup sugar/sweetener of choice
- 1/4 cup olive or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flaxseed meal + 6 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Place all ingredients (except chocolate chips) into a food processor or high speed blender and blitz batter until smooth.
- Pour chocolate chips into the batter and fold to incorporate. Place batter in a lined brownie tin and top with extra choc chips.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes and serve with optional fresh raspberries!
Recipe contribution by student Dietitian Tahlia Claringbold from the Nourish Naturally team.