A simple, soft and chewy muesli bar perfect for the kids (or adults) lunchbox! I love how versatile this recipe is as you really can use whatever dried fruits, seeds or nuts that you have on hand
RECIPE: Homemade Muesli Bars
- 125ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dried fruit
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate (or cacao nibs), chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
Note: You can use a mix of whatever nuts and seeds that you like
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Heat olive oil and honey in a pan until the honey melts
- Mix remaining ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add honey mixture to the bowl and mix well.
- Press very firmly into a large baking tray lined with baking paper. If you have a tray the save size put that on top and step on it (this will make it very firm and ensure the muesli bars don’t crumble).
- Bake for 20 minutes and then allow to completely cool in the tin before slicing into bars.
This recipe was created by Student Dietitian Clare Keating from the Nourish Naturally team.