Makes ~18 balls
- 1 & 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1 & 1/4 cup desiccated coconut + extra for rolling
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 block vegan dark chocolate
- Place the cashews and desiccated coconut into a blender/stick mixer/food processor and pulse until cashews are grounded and mixed with the coconut.
- Add the coconut oil and maple syrup to the mixture and blend until combined, stop and push down the sides with a spoon as required.
- Using a heaped teaspoon, roll the mixture into balls and place on a large plate.
- Once all the mixture has been used, place the balls in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, its time to melt the chocolate. To do this, place the chocolate pieces into a small microwave safe bowl and microwave for 20-30s at a time, stirring in between, until completely melted. Be careful not to burn it.
- Coat the balls in chocolate, and then roll into desiccated coconut one at a time.
- Once complete, place them in the refrigerator to set and enjoy!
Want more healthy plant-filled recipes?
Get my NEW recipe e-book “Healthy Easy Eats“
Click here to grab your copy!
Editor’s Note: This recipe was created by Intern Dietitian Courtney Myers from the Nourish Naturally team.