CHRISTMAS PUDDING BLISS BALLS
Makes 15 balls
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries + extra for decoration
- 10 dates – pits removed
- 1 heaped tbsp. cacao powder
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 30g crushed walnuts
- 30 individual pumpkin seeds (for decoration)
- 20 g Dark chocolate
- Soak dates in boiling water for 5 minutes until soft
- Combine almond meal, cacao, dates, walnuts, coconut and cranberries in a food processor or blender until a sticky batter forms.
- Using a teaspoon to portion, roll approximately 15 small balls on a sheet of baking paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Melt dark chocolate and spread a thin dollop on top of the ball, letting it drip down the sides, and top with 2 pumpkin seeds, a small section of a dried cranberry and sprinkle with extra coconut.
HEALTH-I-FIED GINGERBREAD MEN
Makes approx. 18 cookies
- 1 1/4 cups wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
*Optional (Icing) – 10 tbsp. icing sugar, 2 tbsp. milk of choice
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl, mix to combine.
- Melt coconut oil and add into dry ingredients, along with vanilla and molasses to create a sticky cookie dough.
- Roll out the cookie dough on a lightly floured surface and use a cookie cutter to shape into gingerbread men.
- Place gingerbread cookies on a lined baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden.
- *OPTIONAL: let cookies cool completely and decorate with royal icing or coconut.
To gift, stack in a small collection of 4 and decorate with festive twine, a personalised card and ribbon, OR; serve on a plate to share with your family and friends.
CHRISTMAS SPINACH STUFFED MINI MUSHROOMS
Makes 12 mushrooms
- 12 medium white cup mushrooms
- 100g Feta – crumbled
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic – crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh dill – finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Add the baby spinach and garlic and heat until the spinach has wilted.
- In a bowl, combine crumbled feta, dill and spinach and stir to combine.
- Carefully remove the stems from the mushrooms and add approximately 1 tsp of the spinach/feta mix to the centre of the mushroom cups. Place onto a lined baking tray and cook until the mushrooms have slightly browned (approximately 10-15 minutes).
VEGAN PEPPERMINT HOT CHOCOLATE
Makes 1 drink
- 250 ml milk of choice
- 1 heaped tsp cacao powder
- 1 drops peppermint essence
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
*Optional – 1 square 70% dark chocolate
- Pour all ingredients into a small saucepan and whisk to combine
- Heat over a medium stove-top until warm, pour into a mug and enjoy!
Recipe contributions by student Nutritionist Tahlia Claringbold from the Nourish Naturally team.