Zoodles, aka Zucchini Noodles, are my latest obsession! Its the healthy way to enjoy pasta without the heavy, bloated feeling many of us get after eating a big bowl of white, refinedpasta! Zoodles are packed full of vitamins, minerals and fibre and this recipe has a delicious “creamy” sauce made using avocado instead of cream and butter! Winning! Oh and its vegan, dairy-free and gluten-free!
- 6 zucchinis
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 garlic cloves
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 fresh lemon, juiced
- 1 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs nutritional yeast (I got mine from The Source Bulk Foods)
- Wash zucchinis & remove ends.
- Using a Spiralizer (see the little green gadget in the pic…You can get one from most supermarkets or online), spiralize all the zucchinis & then cook on a non-stick fry pan (can use a dash of rice bran oil if needed) until softened.
- Peel & mash avocado & place into a small bowl. Mix in olive oil, nutritional yeast & fresh chopped basil leaves.
- Mince garlic & cook on pan. Add into avocado mix with lemon juice & mix until smooth.
- Stir creamy avocado sauce through cooked zucchini spirals & enjoy!
**For an extra health boost, add some more veggies through you zoodles. I love adding pumpkin, opinion, tomatoes & mushrooms. Simply cook the veggies and stir through ready made zoodles.